Unfortunately summer is pretty much over and fall just started. The bad weather makes you want to stay at home. But there is also an upside to it; it’s the perfect time for a delicious home cooked meal. Even better; a Fantastic Fall Dish. Top chefs in Amsterdam will help you with it. Every month one chef will give you a sneak-peak into his kitchen by sharing one of his recipes.
Let’s go Italian this time! Chef Edwin Hathazi works at Mazzo Amsterdam, where he works with good Italian ingredients: “the most important thing is that you use fresh products”. Mazzo is known for its affordable and recognisable, but yet delicious dishes. What’s not to like about really good pasta? Buon appetito!
Carbonara di Mazzo
(for 4 persons)
– 500 gr tagliatelle
– 150 gr diced pancetta
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– ½ onion, sliced
– 250 ml cream
– 4 (organic) egg yolks
– 150 gr grated Parmesan cheese (of which 50 gr for the garnish)
– 2 sprigs of parsley, picked and chopped
– salt & pepper
How to… In 3 steps:
- Put a large saucepan of water on to boil. Add a pinch of salt and when the water boils, add the tagliatelle and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, fry the diced pancetta in a pan with some olive oil until crisp and golden. Then add the onion and a third of the cream.
- Stir the egg yolks in a large bowl and add the remaining portion of cream, pepper and Parmesan cheese until creamy. Add the pancetta and pasta and mix. As garnish you could finish it with some Parmesan cheese, coarsely grounded pepper and finely chopped parsley.
Stay tuned for more Fantastic Fall Dishes to come!