The best summer isn’t all about good weather… it involves good food! Instead of running to the nearest restaurant: try making a super summer dish from one of the top chefs in Amsterdam. Every month one chef will give you a sneak-peak into his kitchen by sharing one of his recipes. Bon appetite!
Erik Groenendaal is the chef at Supperclub Amsterdam. You don’t just go to the Supperclub for a quick bite, you go to the Supperclub for a special night out. Creativity is a key word for Erik Groenendaal’s cooking style. With his recipe you treat your guests to a night out at your own home. Amaze them with this delicious summer dessert: red fruit soup.
Red fruit soup
(for 4 people)
For the soup:
– 120 ml cranberry juice
– 50 gr frozen berries
– 50 gr pureed frozen strawberries
– 50 ml Fraise des Bois (liquor)
– 50 ml Crème de Cassis (liquor
– 30 ml ginger syrup
– 75 gr sugar
– 50 ml Rose’s Lime Juice (Cordial)
– 75 ml apple juice
– 75 ml orange juice
– 1 star anise
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 1 vanilla stick, without marrow
– 1 piece of lemon grass, finely chopped
– 25 gr fresh laos (Thai ginger), chopped
– 3 kaffir lime leaves
For the garnish:
– 20 strawberries
– 20 raspberries
– 20 blueberries
– 20 blackberries
– 4 springs of currants
– 4 mint leaves, julienned
How to… in 4 steps:
- Heat all the ingredients for the soup in a large saucepan until the mixture boils. Leave it on low heat for 1 hour.
- Strain the soup with a fine sieve. Let it cool down to room temperature and place it in the refrigerator afterwards.
- Wash the fruit for the garnish. If necessary, cut the strawberries in half.
- Serve the soup when it’s cold, in a bowl or a deep plate. Garnish it with the fruit and mint.
Extra suggestion: add a scoop of lime sorbet!