The best summer isn’t all about good weather… it involves good food! Instead of running to the nearest restaurant: try making a super summer dish from one of the top chefs in Amsterdam. Every month one chef will give you a sneak-peak into his kitchen by sharing one of his recipes. Bon appetit!
Chef Michael Wolf works his magic in the kitchen of culinary heaven: restaurant Envy on the Prinsengracht. This restaurant is famous for its delicacies and gastronomy. So if you really don’t feel like cooking yourself…
Chef Michael Wolf: “I can’t help myself from making this at home”
Recipe: “Zeeuwse Duikboot” (specialty from the Dutch province of ‘Zeeland’)
6 – 8 persons
– 1 white union
– 2 kg minced meat
– Curry powder
– 500 g leek
– 80 g mustard
– 1 kg floury potatoes (peeled)
– 100 ml milk
– 50 g dairy butter
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees
- Chop the onion and fry it in a large frying pan. Then add the minced meat and season to taste with salt, pepper and oregano and curry powder. Divide the meat when it is cooked on a large baking dish.
- Cut the leek finely and fry it separately. Mix the mustard with the leek and then spread it out on the baking dish like a second layer.
- Boil the peeled potatoes in salted water. Drain and leave them to dry in the pan with the lid on. Then mash the potatoes and add milk and butter. Stir until you have a light puree. Spread it out in the oven dish and leave it in the oven for 25 minutes.