Lately it seems all my girlfriends stopped eating gluten. Some of them hope it will help them gain the figure they always dreamed of, others just feel better when they don’t eat too much bread or pasta.
I can’t live without a delicious healthy sandwich every now and then, but I also feel better when I don’t eat bread for breakfast every day. I love to start my day with these healthy gluten free crackers which are extremely easy to make. And good news for vegans and people with lactose intolerance: they are also egg and dairy free!
Ingredients (12 crackers):
150 grams of ground flax seeds (whole flax seed doesn’t work in this recipe)
25 grams of sesame seeds
50 grams of pumpkin seeds
50 grams of sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon of salt
200 ml water
1. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl
2. Add the water, mix and leave for at least 30 minutes
3. Spread the paste evenly over an oven plate covered with wax paper
4. Place in the oven for 30 minutes
5. Flip it over and bake another 30 minutes on the other side
6. The crackers should be crusty by now, if not bake them for another 5 to 10 minutes
7. Leave to cool and then cut in even parts
Enjoy your delicious breakfast!